We partner with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Wayne, Orleans, Niagara, Monroe, and Oswego Counties, Cornell University Cooperative Extension and faculty to provide educational programs for the commercial fruit industry, using research-based information to help the tree fruit and berry industries in New York compete in the world market and provide safe, high-quality produce for consumers.
- Maintain competitiveness and profitability of NY fruit farms in a global market.
- Evaluate new technology for potential increases in efficiency through applied research.
- Assist in the adoption and implementation of appropriate technologies.
- Reduce financial, legal, labor, environmental, and health risks.
- Improve production and delivery of high quality fruit to consumers.
The Lake Ontario Fruit Program is supported, in part, by five county Cornell Cooperative Extensions in the Lake Ontario Region of New York: Monroe, Niagara, Orleans, Oswego and Wayne Counties.
Partner Educator: Mark Wiltberger